Sunday, December 2, 2012

French Couture Week 2012 at Marina Bay Sands

Rushed over to the opening nite of French Couture Week after running my errands after work. Silly me forgot to bring out my charger for my iPhone n my battery went dead since early aftn. As such, I became an uncontactable leechie =.= i clearly missed my iphone! Told Stacey to meet me there directly at 8.30pm but she didn't turn up.

Anyway, there was alrdy a huge crowd when I arrived. Apparently, members from the entire fashion media industry n blogging community were there. Thought I saw a French fren there. Initially, I thought I saw wrongly but on second thoughts, it was a French event after all. But i lost him in the crowd. I was dressed in my plain office outfit as i didn't have time to rush home to change. Again, I felt underdressed when I saw what many ppl wore. Well, many ladies looked tres belle. Although some ladies reminded me of some teenagers attending their first prom night. Oops. Some gentlemen really dressed to impress in various forms of haute, including skirts and Big cherry headgear. Well, for a moment, I thought I was being teleported to some fancy dress or Halloween party. Lol. Btw, juZ a humble opinion from leechie, wearing a tall hat doesn't make a guy lacking in height look any taller than he actually is, honestly. N I learnt recently that clothes is what one buys but fashion is how one wears them. Btw, juZ carrying a branded bag alone doesn't make one haute either ;p

Had some champagne n nice TWG tea before going in for the Maurizio Galante show. Saw our local designer Thomas Wee entering backstage. I spotted Julien Fournie seated in the front row alongside some fashion insiders. I love the elaborate design on the frame of the stage. Some elegant outfits with intricate lace n fringes were on parade. The slow music suited the haute couture gowns on parade as the same song was repeated a few times for the show

There was another round of cocktails n a solo dance performance before the Julien Fournie show. His disco themed show was really energetic! Cool! The energy was really infectious! It made me look at haute couture differently. The models sashayed n danced along with the disco music, wearing Afro wigs n sported Big Stars eye makeup along with generous doses of blusher. One of the models actually tripped n fell during this live fashion show. But the audience cheered her on n she gamely picked herself up n finished her walk.

Christmas cocktails n canapés were served together with some Christmas music performance after the energetic show from Julien Fournie. Honestly, I hate this festive time of the year. Everywhere's so crowded with ppl rushing around like mad but I feel so lonely in the crowd. Haiz.



No comments: