Saturday, May 2, 2015

Review of Creme Simon Brightening Detox Micellar Water Makeup Remover and Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50

I have always loved European skincare and most things French, especially the accent...lol =) So it's definitely interesting for me to learn more about the rich heritage of French skincare Creme Simon. Creme Simon, with a long history spanning over 150 years, was started in 1860 in France by a gifted young apothecary by the name of Joseph Simon. He loved to take long walks along the River Rhone and the sight of laundresses working by the great river inspired him to seek a natural remedy to relieve their dry, chapped hands. On his experimental journey, he made a breakthrough discovery: a pure concoction of seven carefully selected flowers and plants with incredible healing properties and the first stable cream was then born.

Fast forward to today, the original Activ-Fleur Complex re-emerges as a full range of sheer-weight formulas for the contemporary woman and Creme Simon products are tailored to the unique conditions of your climate which stays true to Joseph Simon’s belief that skin is defined by where you live. And I love how Creme Simon products do not contain parabens, alcohol, silicones, sulfates or colorings. So sensitive skin will love Creme Simon products too =)

Scent can be such an important mood lifter and I'm in love with the signature natural scent of Creme Simon products! Creme Simon products simply smell sooooo good! And I love how there is no artificial fragrance used in Simon Creme products. The Creme Simon Signature Activ-Fleur Complex uses 100% natural active plant extracts which bring scientifically proven benefits to skin cell structure! The 7 flowers/ plants which give Creme Simon products the natural scent and incredible healing and brightening properties include: Damask Rose, Jasmine, Iris, Neroli, Patchouli, Tonka Bean and Vanilla Bourbon. Often called nature’s universal healer, Damask Rose soothes, brightens and has astringent properties. Jasmine is rich in antioxidants and protects against damaging free radicals whilst brightening complexion. Iris helps regulate moisture content while soothing and brightening the skin. Neroli helps to increase blood circulation, improves skin elasticity, and stimulates new cell growth for soft revitalized skin. Patchouli has high antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, and is known to help heal skin and fade scars. Tonka Bean, which is extracted from the fruit of the Kumaru tree that lives for over 1,000 years, is rich in polyphenols, that helps even skin tone and increase skin luminescence. Vanilla Bourbon helps to regenerate, nourish, and purify skin

Love the beautiful quote printed on the pretty Creme Simon signature nude pink box: "I can only make others happy if I am happy and feeling good about myself". And it always warms the heart to receive a handwritten note =)

I shall review 2 Creme Simon products first in this post: Brightening Detox Micellar Water Makeup Remover and Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50

Creme Simon Brightening Detox Micellar Water Makeup Remover for eyes and face uses Advanced Micellar Technology which combines the refreshing coolness of water with the cleansing action of oil micelles, (which are chemical structures that trap impurities and make-up in layman terms). It contains the signature Creme Simon Activ-Fleur Complex (which is an exclusive botanical elixir of 7 flowers and plants as described above) to brighten skin. It also contains Rose, Iris, and Jasmine extracts to oxygenate and promote CO2 and toxin elimination for luminosity and clarity. Another key ingredient is Wheat Oligosaccharides Complex which boosts brightening by reducing skin pigmentation. This makeup remover contains over 90% natural ingredients and it's well noted that this product is Oil-free, Paraben free as well as Silicone free! And it is specially formulated for Asian skin.

I have to admit that I was initially a bit skeptical when I first learnt about the cleansing prowess of Creme Simon Brightening Detox Micellar Water Makeup Remover until I tried this product myself. I was pleasantly surprised when my heavy duty makeup was removed cleanly with the use of only 2 cotton pads soaked with it!

And the best part is no rinsing is required and my skin feels refreshed with no oily after-feel! I feel Japanese cleansing oils tend to sting my sensitive eyes. But Creme Simon Micellar Water Makeup Remover is really gentle on the eyes yet it removes eye makeup effectively! This product has also won Her World Beauty Awards 2015. Well, you have to try it yourself to believe it. I say, trying is believing =) The retail price for Creme Simon Micellar Water Makeup Remover (150 ml) is SGD$55.

On a side note, I like the signature nude pink shade of Creme Simon, which reminds me of my leather bags in the same shade, lol. Seen here is a flatlay of Creme Simon Brightening Detox Micellar Water Makeup Remover together with my nude pink bag from Raoul

Creme Simon Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50 is a lightweight oil-free sunscreen which contains an optimized UVA/UVB protection system, thanks to a hybrid of mineral and chemical filters. The High Sun Protection System (with zinc oxide) provides enhanced protection against premature ageing and sun spots. If you speak to any skin dermatologists or aesthetic doctors, I'm sure they will tell you about the importance of sun protection. Even though I'm mostly indoors most of the time, I still prefer to go for high level of sun protection and SPF 50 is the minimum I would use. Creme Simon sunscreen is SPF 50 and the fact that it is both a physical and chemical sunscreen helps in blocking off all those harmful rays which are both damaging and ageing to the skin! It also contains the signature Activ-Fleur Complex as well as Rose, Iris, and Jasmine extracts and Wheat Oligosaccharides Complex as mentioned above.

Creme Simon Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50 has just won Cosmopolitan Bright Sparks Award 2015 for the "Most Luxurious Sunscreen"! I love the light and non-oily texture of this oil-free Creme Simon sunscreen, which is extremely helpful for my face which can turn into an oil quarry pretty easily...lol...I like how this Creme Simon sunblock also works as a mattifying makeup base and helps makeup to last longer. So there is no need to pile on another layer of makeup primer. I like how it is non-comedogenic and oil-free, which is very suitable for my oily and acne-prone skin. Besides being paraben free and alcohol free, it has also been clinically tested on Asian skin. Creme Simon Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50 retails for SGD$68 and is worth every cent of this investment in my opinion.

Creme Simon Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50 is handy in size to fit into my nude pink Miu Miu wristlet =)

No comments: