Saturday, August 30, 2014

Shu Uemura Makeup Competition 2014

Was really honored to be at the Shu Uemura Makeup Competition held at Vivocity this year. Certainly enjoyed the closeup views from my front row seat =) It was such a treat to see so many makeup artists live in action from such a close distance! It was really my pleasure to watch Shu Uemura international artistic director, Uchiide, wield his magic live on the model. His classy strokes reminded me of an artist at work. I was chatting to the mum of the first runner up. She was so happy that her daughter won a prize!

Winner of this year's Shu Uemura Brave Beauty Makeup Competition, Rie Miura, with her model. Check out the strong eye makeup on her winning creation. I simply love it!

Check out all the 8 creations by the finalists of Shu Uemura Brave Beauty makeup competition. Love these glamorous outfits from Texsaverio Jakarta. Their hair was done by Vintage hair studio, that i still have an existing hair package with, using Loreal Professionnel products

One of my favourite looks from the international accredited makeup artists segment. Love these gladiator boots!

Love this strong eyes look created by Shu Uemura international artistic director, Uchiide, which really complemented this glamorous outfit by Texsaverio Jakarta really well. It was really my pleasure to watch Uchiide do the live makeup demostration, which reminded me of an artist at work.

These were the other looks created by the international accredited makeup artists.

I certainly enjoyed my front row seat

A closer look at the winning creation by Rie Miura.

This was the other look that attracted my attention. Love the bling bling around the model's right eye.

Rie Miura with her trophy! Congratulations!

Had the chance to take a closer look of Uchiide's creation after the competition

Me being me, wouldn't miss out on a selfie opportunity with the very suave Uchiide after the competition

Thanks Shu Uemura for this lovely pair of Takashi Murakami for Shu Uemura Princess lashes. Love the pretty heart-shaped bling bling crystals on these lashes. So princessy =)


No comments: