Sunday, August 26, 2012

Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal


Brought my mum to the Andy Warhol exhibition.

Some quotes from Andy Warhol:
"Even beauties can b unattractive. If u catch a beauty in the wrong light at the right time, forget it. I believe in low lights and trick mirrors. I believe in plastic surgery."

"They always say that time changes things , but u actually have to change them yourself"

"When I die. I'd like to disappear. Ppl wouldn't say he died today, they'd say he disappeared. But I do like the idea of ppl turning into sand, and it would b v. Glamorous to b reincarnated as a big ring on Elizabeth Taylor's finger"

Andy Warhol rocks!!

“Bianca Jagger is one of the most Socially Diseased people I know. She’s almost as bad as me – and I’m terminal"

Someone said to me: "U always have something to say abt everything. It's u now. Many times it's sufficient without the need of an opinion" Sometimes, one's environment can shape one's behavior. When one grows up in a society whereby people are expected to conform instead of thinking for themselves...n where opinions are not encouraged...perhaps agreeable sweet young things who lack an opinion on anything are more favored in such societies?

N i googled n found more interesting quotes from Andy Warhol:

"Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art."

"Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes."

"I'm bored with that line. I never use it anymore. My new line is "In 15 minutes everybody will be famous."

"I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs."

"People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly."

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/andy_warhol.html


They didnt allow me to take any pics at the exhibition so i took a pic of the stool at the lobby

After queuing for more than 20mins, we finally got our tix!

Rem to go spend 15min with Andy Warhol before this exhibition is gone!

Btw, this is my Andy Warhol bag from my huge personal collection of bags...v.cute ya? ;p it's still brand new...someone was trying to buy it from me...let's juz put it this way...i wont b letting go of this bag unless i receive a tempting offer ;p

No comments: