Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Loving Last Memories of Hin Hollywood Canteen




My leechie mum watched the previous episode of some foodie programme on tv last tues n learnt tt Hin Hollywood Canteen (near City Plaza) would be ending its operations at the end of August...their last day of operation is on 31 August...after which, the entire canteen would be pulled down...this place holds alot of dear memories for me...i still rem tt my uncle brought me to watch movie at the nearby Hollywood cinema when i was a kid (this former Hollywood cinema which currently houses Sheng Siong supermarket would be pulled down too) the Hollywood cinema was subsequently converted into City Harvest Church...a classmate brought me there...n also introduced me to the traditional ban bian at Hin Hollywood Canteen...the ban bian remains my fav ban bian till today...i must say tt i'm touched tt the aunty still rems me when i went down to her stall today...although i havent been there for a couple of years already...it feels good to be eating my fav ban mian again...♥

Plenty of thoughts ran through my leechie head as i went around the place to capture some last memories of this old canteen...we r surrounded by alot of material stuff n superficial ppl n things each day...sometimes life is filled with so much clutter tt we may forget to appreciate the simple things in life which make us happy...i'm a simple gal...simple things like nice hawker food can make me happy...many ppl fail to appreciate what matter to them till they lost those things! i know i'm a silly leech who does alot of silly things...but i value my family n frenz...i ♥ u all...pls forgive my silliness n all the silly things tt i do...


My fav ban mian! ♥

My fav ban mian stall! ♥

So touched tt the auntie still rems me after so many donkey years! ♥

Look at the crazily looooooong q! @.@"

A huge crowd...it was hard to get a table manz! @.@"


Update:

I juz got to know...he's leaving sooooooooon...many ppl fail to appreciate what matter to them till they lost those things! what u take for granted could disappear before your very eyes! =( i'm going to miss his reassurance n the sense of security...i know i need to be more independent...but i'm scared n insecure...

No comments: